Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Mexico

Spring Break Cruise

Sail Date: March 01, 2010

Room Type: Suite

Overall I loved being at sea. I would have enjoyed more information re our location and speed, temps, and wildlife. The ship was a good size - not too big. The ports-of-call were great. The cruise director is like a cliche of himself and should tone it down. The cost of drinks or wine is much too expensive. I will think hard before going on a cruise again given how much over priced the alcohol is. I could have just as much fun on land without such an expense. The service is quite good.

Pros: The sun and the ports-of-call; the teen club was a big hit with my teenager.

Cons: The food served in the Inspriation dining room and the very high cost of alcohol.

Recommends Carnival Elation? No.

The ship was kept in good shape and easy to navigate.
The food served in Tiffany's was quite good. The food served in the Inspiration dining room was a real disappointment. The beef was tough and overcooked, the fish was chewy and cold. I could never recommend this cruise if it was based upon the food served in the Inspiration dining room.
Some of the evening entertainment was too hokie but most was okay.
My daughter particpated in the Circle C Club. She really, really enjoyed the acitivites and getting to meet other teens.