As expected

Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Mexico

Sail Date: October 01, 2009
Ship: Carnival Elation
Our cruise was as expected nothing too fancy yet great food and service. Our dinner server was wonderful he made sure we were taken care off completely throughout our stay. Our room attendant was great our room was nice and neat and clean throughout the voyage. I don't feel there are enough activities to keep a couple entertained...it might be because we are from Vegas and gambling is just not something we want to do on our vacation. I also would not recommend this ship to couples traveling w/out children. There are too many on board and it can be a bit hectic and noisy to be around them. The excursions to Ensenada were bad. Our tour guide suggested a place to have lunch which was expensive and didn't have good service, and to add insult to injury the food was going bad to . Needless to say we weren't happy with it. The wine tour was also a disappointment. Only 1 winery was visited and didn't last more than 20mins it was almost as if they were rushing us out of there. The bathrooms had no toilet paper and were very dirty. On the Cabo Canopy Excursion with the zip lines I'd have to say this was a great activity, very high energy and requires pretty good physical condition in order to complete the obstacle course. Don't expect a great lunch, lunch available consisted of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (not freshly made), corn ships, salsa, and diced fruit. Water and lemonade were provided.

Absolutely wonderful food, lots of choices....burgers at the lido deck were out of this world. Freshly made and fresh add ons.

If I didn't live in Vegas and wasn't exposed so such a high standard of entertainment I'd say this is Good. But because I do I'd have to say it's just average.

Wonderful,friendly attentive staff throughout...a few of the Russian bartenders weren't very friendly or interested in service with a smile.

This ship is a bit worn and the decor is a bit outdated. But clean.

Very clean, but a bit small.

Pros: Wonderful service and food

Cons: Not enough onboard entertainment, not a cruise for couples only

Recommends Carnival Elation? Yes!