Not Best Experience

Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Mexico

Sail Date: January 01, 2010
Ship: Carnival Elation
Ship layout made it difficult to get to various decks easily - as we had to use elevators exclusively. No covered deck that could be used to walk around entire ship without changing decks.

When booking late meal was assigned. When checking in was told I had not chosen a dining time, so - dine any time - any dining room was what I was being given. Sounded OK - when attempting to go to dining room printed on ship card - was told no - had to only use another dining room. Went there - up one deck - down one deck - and told - no room at this time - come back later. For me the confusion continued length of cruise.

Could be more helpful with how to do things when rolling walker is used.

Because of need to use rolling walker I went to ask about shore excursion accomodations. Went to service desk - no one there - only bell by VIP line. Went back later and service desk did not know - said come back at 10AM when excursion desk open. Additional example of lack of quality - had to search out personnel to get customs forms, luggage tags, comment forms. Only thing delivered on time was bill and I think even it may have been late.

See above about deck layouts.

Poor - only because when booking - specifically requested 2 twin bed configuration. When arriving at room - it was in king bed configuration. Called number for steward - no answer - busy handling luggage says room service - but they will tell steward to change the configuration. Went to explore ship and have lunch - came back 2 hours later - room not changed - steward knew nothing about request. Said he would change during assigned dinner time - told him I did not have an assigned time as told during checkin.

Pros: Itinerary

Cons: Darn Near Everything Else

Recommends Carnival Elation? No.