Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Mexico

Not Best Experience

Sail Date: January 01, 2010

Ship layout made it difficult to get to various decks easily - as we had to use elevators exclusively. No covered deck that could be used to walk around entire ship without changing decks.

Pros: Itinerary

Cons: Darn Near Everything Else

Recommends Carnival Elation? No.

When booking late meal was assigned. When checking in was told I had not chosen a dining time, so - dine any time - any dining room was what I was being given. Sounded OK - when attempting to go to dining room printed on ship card - was told no - had to only use another dining room. Went there - up one deck - down one deck - and told - no room at this time - come back later. For me the confusion continued length of cruise.
See above about deck layouts.
Because of need to use rolling walker I went to ask about shore excursion accomodations. Went to service desk - no one there - only bell by VIP line. Went back later and service desk did not know - said come back at 10AM when excursion desk open. Additional example of lack of quality - had to search out personnel to get customs forms, luggage tags, comment forms. Only thing delivered on time was bill and I think even it may have been late.
Poor - only because when booking - specifically requested 2 twin bed configuration. When arriving at room - it was in king bed configuration. Called number for steward - no answer - busy handling luggage says room service - but they will tell steward to change the configuration. Went to explore ship and have lunch - came back 2 hours later - room not changed - steward knew nothing about request. Said he would change during assigned dinner time - told him I did not have an assigned time as told during checkin.
Could be more helpful with how to do things when rolling walker is used.