Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Mexico

The Cruise Was Okay

Sail Date: December 01, 2009

The ship was clean and well maintained. The cabins were adequately sized and well maintained. The service was overall good. Some of the service crew were a bit lax in maintaining appearance standards. These issues were addressed often by supervisors. The worst part of the whole experience was the food. It wasn't bad, it was just mediocre. If it was served in a restaurant, the restaurant would go out of business. I cruised another cruise line before and the food was phenomenal. Since it was December and a little colder, outside activities were not as desireable. There just wasn't enough interesting activities on board. I would recommend just about anything to get people out of their cabins. Examples: Show movies in the stage area, show tourist films about destinations, have crew members sponsor a block of time to present their country and cultures, etc.

Pros: The accommodations (cabin), the service (in general)

Cons: The food was mediocre and there was a lack of interesting activities on board.

Recommends Carnival Elation? No.

Very mediocre. If it were a restaurant, I would not return. The food experience will make Carnival my last choice in future cruises. I cruised before on a different cruise line and loved the dining experience.
Good service. Met my expectations.
Just not enough interesting activities. Seems to be a low priority and it showed.
The ship was clean and well maintained.
Clean, well maintained, and big enough.