Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Mexico

Better than I expected

Sail Date: July 24, 2009

We were very pleased with the service and the people. They had great attitudes and seemed geniunely concerned with us. The food was prepared so nice. Everyone at the table was taking pictures before eating. Lots to do on the boat. The shore excursions were nice. I was surprised that I had to pay for a lot of extras after boarding the ship. I really thought most of that was already taken care of, but it was my first and learn. The ship was clean. The stewards kept the room spotless. Was very impressed with the friendliness of the entire crew.

Pros: Outstanding customer service.

Cons: Not enough hot tubs. They were always full or being cleaned.

Recommends Carnival Elation? Yes!

Keep in mind we were on the lowest level in the back, so there was some engine noise and vibration. You get what you pay for. We were so excited that it was our first cruise, that it didn't matter. I was so tired each night, I didn't even notice.
I am from Las Vegas, home of some of the rudest customer service people in the world, so this was such a pleasant change from what I come into contact with on a daily basis in Vegas. Everyone was great.
There was almost too much to do, but it being our first cruise, we didn't know where to start.
Ensenada, Mexico
I have been to Mexico several times. We weren't hounded by people looking for hand-outs. The town was clean. is a 3rd world country. Things are different. I am sure there are better deals in Mexico for shopping, but they created a nice area for tourists to shop. We don't like haggling over price, but that is the culture down there. We did the shopping tour and the ATV tour. A little pricey, but we were on vacation. I'd do it again.
Don't Miss: Just get out and walk around. It is safe and nice. Don't just stay on the ship.