Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Mexico

Cruise was great; was awful

Sail Date: April 26, 2009

The cruise was fine. Working with to book the cruise was awful. The web site is not user friendly. It takes forever to reach a live person. When I did reach someone, it took me 45 minutes on the phone to book the cruise. Each time she read back to me the info I had given, she had gotten it wrong, so I had to repeat it for her. After 45 minutes on the phone, she referred me back to the Carnival web site where I had to spend another 30 minutes on lilne entering the same info I had just given the agent. Why bother going through ? A couple of weeks prior to sailing, I called to get some questions answered, and I spent another 45-60 minutes on the phone to and Carnival, just to get simple information. Bottom line: once I was on the ship, everything went smoothly. Making the arrangements was a nightmare. I'll never use again, and I'm leery of Carnival as well.

Pros: Friendly on board staff

Cons: Horrendous booking procedures

Recommends Carnival Elation? Yes!