Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Mexico

A great honeymoon, now back to reality!

Sail Date: April 02, 2009

This was my first cruise and I am delighted to say my husband and I had a great time. We choose to cruise in a relax mode (we were honeymooning) and did the lay out in the sun thing(well the little that was out) and take in some shows which were great. I must say that we had the most fun on our last day, the dance contest was a blast. I strongly recommend this ship for all. We will take the 7 days cruse next time though.

Pros: Staff

Cons: music on Lido deck

Recommends Carnival Elation? Yes!

Not too many options to honeymooners. We found the entertainment to mostly be party party. We did however truely enjoy the hipnotist... very very funny!
Every staff member we spoke with was extreamly friendly. they were geniune and helpful in any way they could be.
The staff does an excellent job of keeping the ship clean at all times.
Food was excellent. The pizza is good for a late night snack. Staff serving dinner did all they could to make sure we enjoyed our meal.
Stateroom was surprisingly roomy. The shower had plenty of elbow room and came with medicine cabinets which surprised me. You can't get that in a hotel on land.
Ensenada, Mexico
Great shopping but not to many BARGINS at the shops right off the ship. I heard if you go to the open market you are able to negotiate prices.
Don't Miss: every bar or club we passed we had people pushing their drink specials on us.