Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Mexico

Grandma's birthday cruise

Sail Date: January 24, 2009

My family sailed on the Carnival Elation in late January. The was a cruise for the whole family to celebrate grandma's birthday (13 of us in all). The ship is beautiful and well maintained. Always clean with a good variety of activities. Everyone seemed to have a great time and would disperse to different activities or gather together for meals as we saw fit.

Pros: Food

Cons: Having to leave

Recommends Carnival Elation? Yes!

Although the room was the same size as on the Conquest, the configuration made it seem smaller. The bunkbeds folded out over the king bed making for a cramped feeling. On the plus side the bathroom was larger. Also, not cleaned as well as I would have liked. We found cookies and ceral from previous guests under the bed. The sheets and comforter were great.
The ship is beautiful and well maintained. Staff was cleaning everywhere you looked. This was my family's second cruise. Our previous was on Conquest. The Elation is smaller and much more managable. Didn't feel like I was getting lost quite as often. The pool is very cold, the kids still went in but a couple times down the slide was all I could handle.
Great food and great atmosphere. Food quality was always good and plentiful. Grandma's birthday included the cake and singing by the wait staff. My kids loved the mac & cheese and were served generous portions with every meal.
Always will to help or answer questions. Even though they were very busy, they would always take the time to say good morning and show us how to make the great towel animals.
Good entertainment except is was often difficult to see the stage in the Mikado lounge. I would have enjoyed a few more activities though, a few days I really didn't find much to participate in.
Our group included a teen, a 6-8 and two 9-11. They all enjoyed their programs and often wanted to be with their new friends instead of their family. We did run into a few grumpy staff members which was disappointing.
Ensenada, Mexico
Nice city. I went on the Taste of Mexico tour which was great. Learned to make a few Mexican dishes and found new foods I liked. My husband and sons went on the Jeep tour and were quite disappointed. A couple of boys decided to yell into the CB's throughout the tour spoiling the day. No parent or tour guide stepped in to stop them and my husband finally turned off the CB and missed all of the tour guides comments. Also the tour was quite long and didn't include lunch which left many hungry people by the time the tour finished after two o'clock.
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
We participated in the Sea Trek helmet diving which was a great adventure. We then went shopping in town. This was nice but the aggressive merchants could be disturbing. Good shopping