A Cruise Reunion

Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Mexico

5 Night Baja Mexico (San Diego Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 20, 2008
Ship: Carnival Elation
The food and staff were excellent. I found it interesting that all 900 employees were from countries from all over the world but not one from the USA. I understand that the entire pay for stewards and their staff and waiters and staff came from the $10 per day tip we are each assessed. That does not seem enough for the high standard of work expected of them. To a person they were cheerful and efficient at all times.

I started to explain above that I wanted to share a video of our childhood experiences with my two friends and companions of 65+ years and could not do so because on the entire ship there was no way to play a DVD. One helpful employee thought of a way when he remembered there was one extra TV set that had a DVD player. His supervisor overruled him and said no. I had brought my own DVD player and only needed a place on the boat to plug it in. Our reason for the cruise was to get together and share our past experiences.

Overall the cruise was great. The ship was very comfortable and every effort was made for our comfort. The exercise area was super. It gave us a chance to stretch and walk or run. We did not stay up to attend the shows that were an attraction to many.

I suggest that prior to the cruise guests be asked the purpose of their cruise and then some flexibility to see if you can meet their needs. That would be most impressive.

The evening meal was great. A lot of effort to provide a gourmet meal with a lot of choices. Feeding over 2000 people is quite a feat.

It depends on your age. My friends and I are over 70 and did not partake in the evening shows. Our issue, not yours.

Excellent.

The steward and crew were super and the room very comfortable. Even three in a room worked out well.
The day was rather hot and we had been there before. We had a beer and returned to the comfort of the ship.
Weather was very nice; we had lunch and enjoyed our short visit.

Pros: I feel that the cruise on the carnival Elation was a great experience. The organization of 2400 guests is a feat and well done.

Cons: This was called a fun cruise and it was, however, people select a cruise for many reasons. My two friends of 65+ years chose it to get together. I wanted to share a video of our youth with my pals and could not do so. I even brought a DVD player and there was no way to use it.

Recommends Carnival Elation? Yes!