Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Wouldn't recommend it

Sail Date: December 14, 2006

This ship was overall very nice but a bit run down. There was painting and repair work going on all through out the entire cruise. The room was a nice size and very comfortable offering a tv with a good selection of channels. The entertainment was okay, nothing too exciting. We found ourselves in our room watching movies more than I would have liked to have been. There really weren't very many activities going on day or night. We found ourselves very bored at times. I chose this cruise for the price and it definetly showed in the quality of food. The quality of food and selection was horrible! Pizza, hamburgers and hotdogs were about all you could find to eat during the day. The sit down dinning had a better selection but don't be surprised if you find yourself sending back your food a time or two or more.

Pros: The time off work

Cons: The food was horrible!

Recommends Carnival Elation? No.

The entertainment and activities offered, or should I say lack there of, was poor. There were a couple of good shows but not much going on as one would expect. The ship pretty much died around 6pm.
The room size and comfort was about all this ship has going for it. The room was surprisingly very spacious and comfortable, with a tv offering a good selection of channels (which we watched quite often do to the lack of entertainment).
It was a hit or miss with the frendliness of the staff. No one really went above and beyond or wow'd us.
The food and service was not what you would expect on a cruise ship. The selection and quality was terrible! One would expect fantastic food in great quanities, but not here. There were times we could not find anything to eat other than pizza. We were very dissapointed by the food as were most others we dined with on our cruise. Carneval is not the ship to cruise if you are looking for good food and service.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Not much going on here. I wouldn't bother getting off the boat.
Don't Miss: There isn't one.
I would NOT recommend visiting the Bahamas at all! It was an experience to see but wished I had chosen to go else where. The island was VERY dirty and not much to see. The people there were very aggressive and looking for any way to con you out of money. Do not go to the straw market; it stunk like urine and was horribly dirty. Atlantis was worth seeing but don't waste your money paying for the excursion. You can take a taxi and see it yourself for $4/person. The beach was beautiful but we could not enjoy it because we kept being harrassed by people trying to sell us stuff or rent us jet skis. Visit the virgin islands instead!
Don't Miss: Atlantis
Don't Miss: Atlantis
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Not much going on here. I wouldn't bother getting off the boat.
Don't Miss: There isn't one.