Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Mexico

Very happy with Carnival Elation

Sail Date: January 01, 2008

This was my first cruise with my wife. No kids with us and we are around 30 years old. I was very impressed with this ship. Clean, we maintained, great food, lots of food options. Our inside cabin was impressively large, I was expecting a little closet for a room. Bed was very comfortable as was the bedding. Our room was very well kept, as is the whole ship. Only negative is the water were a little choppy and we could really feel the rocking of the boat. Didn't make us sick, but really felt it, but most people didn't seem to mind it. And the weather was a little chilly, but it's just that time of year. Mexico was warm

Pros: Food was great, lots of deck space to lay around and relax

Cons: No toppings for your ice cream!!!

Recommends Carnival Elation? Yes!

Staff is wonderful, and helpful. As your service at all times and always have a smile. Only negative is can be hard to understand at times.
I was very impressed with this ship: clean, lots of deck space.
Food was great, formal dining was great, only negative is sitting with strangers and the assigned dining time. Not that big of a deal really. Pizza, salad bar, caffeteria, burgers are all great and available round the clock. Room service was great too and free!
I was very impressed with our inside stateroom. I was expecting something very small and closet like in size. Large comfortable bed, great bedding. would have been crowed with our two boys though. But perfect for two. We were on the upper deck, not sure about the decks below if their rooms are different.
Some good activities and show. We were there mainly to relax in the sun. Lots of bars and casinos if that's your thing.