Carnival Elation Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A Great Time :)

Sail Date: April 05, 2007

We were given a "handicap" cabin. Though we are not handicapped, I was using the shower stool and it collapsed with me landing on the floor. The information desk was trying to tell me that this is a "temporary" stool. However plaster literally came out of the wall. NO ONE asked if I was ok intil I asked if they wondered if I was ok.
This was our 5th cruise in the past 7 years with Carnival. I really thought I should have been treated better and at the very least been given some on board credit.

Pros: The ship is beautiful, great food, and the service staff was excellent!

Cons: The information desk/purser.

Recommends Carnival Elation? Yes!

Atlantis is great. The best way to get there is by way of the water taxi. $3.00 per person and a nice little tour (tip expected) on the way over, It is well worth it. The ship was charging $39,00 for the same thing. Shopping is good. We were advised by our waiter that it is not safe at night, so make sure you go during the day. Oddly our ship docked at 6 p.m. and left at 2 p.m. the next day. Poor planning by Carnival and it was not the original ittinary.
Don't Miss: Atlantis and shopping.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Saddly, there is nothing there. The major resorts were taken out by the last hurricane. My advice is stay on the ship.