Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review

Helpful Vote: 1

Sail Date: October 24, 2017
Ship: Carnival Ecstasy
Reviewed: 1 month ago
We really enjoyed our cruise on the Ecstasy. Ou previous cruises were on dream class ships so i was a little worried about being on an older and smaller ship, but it was fine. It did seem a little more difficult to get around. Always going up or down stairs to get where i needed to be. I would not recommend this ship to anyone with mobility issues. The elevators were unreliable.
We had an interior room for the first time and had no issues with that. Our room steward Michael did a fantastic job.
We also tried the your time dining for the first time. I liked the flexibility but did miss having the same wait staff every night.
We got the cheers package this time also. I liked not having to worry about the final cost and just being able to order whenever I wanted a drink or bottle of water, specialty coffees etc. But i don't think we woud do it again. We aren't really heavy drinkers and don't care to drink every day.
Carnival's cutbacks are really getting noticeable. The MDR menu has less selections. No tablecloths even on elegant night this trip. Less wait staff means longer waits for your food and less attention to detail. Very few waiters around the pool, serenity deck and shows. In the buffet areas we ended up sitting at a table that had previous guests plates still there and they were still there when we got up.
It sounds like I'm complaining a lot but i would still cruise. I just miss the exceptional food and service that it used to be.