Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review

Carnival Ecstasy

Sail Date: April 20, 2017

Ship: Carnival Ecstasy

Review Summary

My mom, children (ages 3 and 5), and I booked a last minute cruise out of Charleston for a quick weekend getaway. Because we booked seven days prior to the sail date, we ended up with an interior room on deck five, but we surprisingly weren't super crowded as the rooms on the older ships tend to be a bit bigger! This is my second time on a Fantasy class ship and I must say, the updates done on the Ecstasy during the most recent dry-dock were wonderful! The amenities were nice and there was enough to keep us entertained during two days at sea. I will say I did notice quite a bit of dust around the ship-more so than what I would consider normal (not a huge deal, but it was definitely noticeable!). Also, other than in the dining room and buffet, there was a distinct lack of workers, especially around the pool areas. I understand that it is play on your own, but other than the cruise director during the pool deck activities, I didn't see one Carnival worker. Also, by the last night, the mini golf was completely out of golf balls (there was at least 30 on day one), making it abundantly clear no one came around and checked it. All in all, it was a nice weekend getaway! Our itinerary only had one port (Nassau) with two at sea days. Honestly, I would have preferred one less sea day, but we knew that when we booked, so I can't blame that on the cruise line! My parting thoughts on this cruise is know that the majority of the passengers will drive to Charleston meaning they are mostly North Carolina, South Carolina, eastern Tennessee (like us), southern Virginia, and Georgia residents, making it a completely different culture on board than a cruise out of a typical Floridian port where passengers typically fly to the port.