Make lemonade

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sail Date: October 02, 2016
Ship: Carnival Ecstasy
Cabin Number: U194

Hurricane Matthew was the main feature of our cruise - we were supposed to go to The Bahamas, but were rerouted (wisely) to Cozumel.  I went on the excursion to Chichen Itza and would probably never have seen this site except for the rerouting - I thoroughly enjoyed it and am glad it is one of my cruise memories.

Carnival/Charleston Port Authorities wanted to be sure we were safe, so we were not allowed back into port until all had been checked out properly.  I was glad to cruise but was equally glad to get off the ship two days late - although the food was good, I was getting tired of the sameness by then.

Glad to have gone and to have been with my friends.

Since we were on the sea so many days, my roommate and I thoroughly enjoyed our balcony - often sat outside at night after dinner and before bed - also, ate breakfast out there one day and that was delightful. I'm not opposed to music, but found some of it oppressively and unnecessarily loud - I'm sure younger cruisers were totally enthralled