Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Decent Cruise

Sail Date: August 20, 2016

I understand the ship is older but I would have like more than one small pool and two luke warm hot tubs on the mid deck. Also, I couldn't really relax and have peace of mind while children were still running and roaming about after midnight every night. The food wasn't that tasteful as it was hard to finish my dinners the first few nights. However, I enjoyed the amount of bars minus the one drink per 5 minute rule. Kinda overkill when you want a shot and then a drink on vacation. The club had good music and a nice vibe and the staterooms were a decent size for two people. Room service was great and the hospitality couldn't have been better. Carnival should add more events for young adults and also a bigger space for 21 and older to enjoy rather then just the back of the ship with two scalding hot-hot tubs. Nassua was not like the pictures and kinda ghetto looking besides the beautiful water and Half Moon Cay owned by Carnival was definitely worth seeing again, other than not being able to rent jet ski's. I'm comparing this cruise to the Princess cruise ships I've been on prior, so if I would recommend this cruise for future customers I'd say save your money and go Princess. You'll have a much better time.

Cabin had enough space for two and room service took great care of us!
Easy on and easy off what can I say. Port of Charleston was quick and convienent.
Elevators sounded like they were on their last leg. Otherwise can't complain with how old the ship was.
Nassau wasn't worth seeing again but Half Moon Cay was. I don't book excursions as I use the locals to find a better deal. I went snorkeling at Nassau and only saw a few fish and a sting ray and enjoyed paddle boarding at Half Moon Cay which everyone should try once in their life.
I danced, I swam, and played at the casino. More activities would of been nice though. Rock climbing walls, basketball hoops, or more waterworks would of been nice.
Didn't bring any children
One of the only things I enjoyed was the comedy show
Staff was wonderful!
Food wasn't worth dying for. The lasagne on the last night was about the only thing I enjoyed.

Save your money and go Princess.