Just ok - not great - far from excellent

Helpful Vote: 1

Sail Date: August 20, 2016
Ship: Carnival Ecstasy
Cabin Number: E55

This was my fifth Carnival cruise. In this cruise food was just ok. The room was cleaned once every day, as opposed to all the time in other cruises. Towels were old and stained. The shows were very simple, lack of creativity. Looks like Carnival is having some budget issues and the overall quality has been impacted. Despite the service quality was lower than other cruises the gratuities were the same. The ship was old and looked old, poor maintenance. The port experience was terrible, unorganized, we wasted a lot of time in the parking lot, stopping in three different control points that don't control anything. I wouldn't use that port again and I'm seriously considering switching to another cruise line.

Food was ok, simple. I asked for soup couple of times, they tasted like straight from the can, couldn't eat them. First time in a cruise we returned food because it wasn't good.

The night shows were simple. Lack of creativity. Worst night shows I've seen in a cruise.

My sons went to Circle C. They didn't complain.

I had to put a complaint because one of the waiters treated my son disrespectfully during dinner. He never apologized, but he changed his attitude the other days.

The ship needs maintenance. It looks old.

Cabin was ok. Everything was old, but clean.