Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Book Way Ahead of Time/Consider Other Costs too

Sail Date: April 30, 2016

Overall, I had a great time with family and friends.  I'm not sure I would have had as much fun, had I gone solo or with just a significant other.  Of the 3 schedule port calls, only 2 occurred, due to bad weather.  Regardless, there was a backup plan to have events aboard ship (at sea), which was nice.  The onboard gym was fairly good, although I think the put-put golf area wasn't the best use of space.  As windy as it was, most of  the time, it seemed pointless.  Had I booked a year out, I would have saved a lot of money; so plan as far ahead as you can.  Port terminal parking was a little pricey, and I returned to a vehicle showered in bird poop.  I recommend debarking your own luggage; let them take it aboard though.  Come early, as you can expect delays for onboard processing; it took us about 2 hours to clear parking, terminal, security, passport checkin, sail pass issue/photos, etc.  The endless bubbles is a decent deal, if you like soda and some juices (does not include water).  Every time yet get an onboard bill for endless bubbles, they will have a gratuity block (don't give gratuity).  I was pleasantly treated to a $85 gratuity charge for the whole cruise (per person).  On board photographers are awesome, and will bombard you with photo opportunities.  PHOTOS are $22 each, so be aware of the cost.  Photographers will push you to take group photos, sub-group photos, and individual ones at every opportunity!  Costly...  As for alcohol at port visits, don't even bother, unless you are buying something good to take home.  You are not personally allowed to keep alcohol aboard ship during your cruise.  If you buy anything, they will collect it during boarding process, tag it, and give you instructions on how to collect it at the end of the cruise.  When I went the last day, there was at least 100 people in line...I left the wine there; not worth the wait.  Best of luck.  R/Joe

A bit dusty across the ship, but that's to be expected.

1 Comment