Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A Big Disappointment

Sail Date: April 15, 2016

I have cruised on Carnival many times but my last two were on the Valor.  It is a much nicer and much larger ship.  This ship was very old and it rocked all but one day.  Many people all over the ship were sick. I wore a patch so I was fine.  I felt disappointed in the overall experience.  The food was not as good as other Carnival Cruises.  The ship was just so much smaller and had a lot less amenities than the Valor.  Also, Charleston is not a good port.  I only went there because it was so close to my home.  I will always drive to Florida from now on.  It took 3 hours to get on the ship and about 3 hours to get off.  That was so different than it is in Florida.  There are just bigger ports and they know how to handle the crowds.  Overall, would never go on that ship or out of Charleston again.  While on the ship I didn't hear one person say anything nice.  It seemed like everyone was upset.  The rocking of the ship was the biggest problem.  It was impossible to walk straight, even if you weren't drinking.  The staff was great, as always.  Leonard and his assistant at dinner were fantastic.  The person that worked in the $10 store was fantastic.  And our room steward, Sue was exceptional.

The Cabin was small but very clean and just what we expected. Sue took very good care of us.

This ship needs to retire.