Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

What is that smell?

Sail Date: March 09, 2016

First I wanted to say that the crew on the Ecstasy was wonderful and especially our Wing Song Dinner wait staff. John & his staff were on their game every evening with exceptional service.

What was that Smell?

Upon our return from our port of call in Freeport, our cabin on the upper deck had the most offensive smell,  its was a mixture of diesel & sewage. Other passengers on our deck also reported the same smell and the crew did acknowledge it. The smell lasted the last two days of  our cruise. They did try a few things to fix it, but nothing worked. We were told there was a sewage issue but it was fixed, The smell would be strong for a few hours and then would dissipate some, or maybe we got used to it. The problem was they could not move us to another cabin because they almost always book every room. We did receive an apology from the crew, but not from any higher level supervisor or officer.

I also wanted to mention it was spring-break time and the bar service the first two days of sailing was awful slow, but Carnival did bring on  additional bartenders at our first port of call and it did improve. The food was also below the quality I was expecting and the food sitting on the buffets was too cold most of the time. This  was my first cruise so I have no level of comparison when it comes food on other cruises  or cruise lines but I did have other passengers express the same thing about the food. To say the least I was disappointed in the quality of the food.

Cruise Photos