Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Don't cruise out of Charleston in the winter on this boat

Sail Date: February 13, 2016

The first two days of this cruise where miserable. When we arrived to the port the temperature outside was in the 40's. I understand Carnival can't change the weather but you would think a boat that ports in Charleston, SC (were it's common to have temperatures in the 30's and 40's during the winter) would at least have heat in the cabins. This boat does not. I even took the time to ask the staff. And just to give anyone an idea of how cold our room must have been, I keep my house set at 68 degrees and I'm comfortable in that. For example at home I walk around in tanktops and shorts. In our cabin I was freezing. I had to wear pants, long sleeves, my jacket, and socks; and I was still cold. If this had been the only issue we had I probably would've given this ship 3 maybe even 4 stars but it wasn't.

The food quality was terrible. The buffet food was cold. The food at dinner was hit or miss. The vegetables and soups where usually fresh, except most of the tomatoes weren't ripe (Often they were green). One night I had some crab ravioli and bit into something crunchy and hard in the second ravioli I ate. All of the beef we tried was terrible. My boyfriend compared the quality of food to the food you would find at Golden Coral. The only things we found while on the ship to eat that seemed to be decent was anything salmon and the Mongolian Wok. They also allow children in the dining room, which is fine if the children are well behaved but if they aren't your just screwed.

This ship is a smaller ship and is a bit dated. Although I have been on similar sized ships, I do not recall them rocking as much as ours did. You can definitely feel this ship moving at all times and it seemed to be more noticeable to me than the previous cruises I've been on.

The staff on this ship is what saved our cruise experience and from me raining this ship one star. The staff was incredible. They are constantly friends and seem to always been cleaning. Even the entertainment staff was great! The shows and the comedians where equally entertaining. The pianoiast at the piano bar was very talented. We throughly enjoyed the entertainment while on this ship.

This boat is very kid friendly and seems to be great for teens and kids of all ages. The boat has lots of kids clubs and activities. Although the only area that seems to be 100% kid free is the bars and the tiny Serenity adult lounge on the back of the boat. The Serienity gets crowded if it's warm out so we found out the hard way that we had to wait for a few people to get up so we could have a seat the last day on the boat. Although there where seats around the main pools. Which really made it obvious that Carnival seems to be catering to the kids more than the adults.

Great size and the room view was good. I didn't love how far down the room is. Also we could feel the ship moving quite well while in our room.
This ship is dated. Definitely needs a facelift into the twenty first century.
Lots of children programs. Almost impossible to miss.

This boat tends to be rocky. I would stay away from the from and or back rooms if you get any kind of motion sickness.