Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Purser

A joyful cruise vacation

Sail Date: February 13, 2016

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This is my very first cruise vacation with my family. We missed first two days of cruise trip due to our flight delay from NY to Charleston. We had to find a way to fly to Nassau to get on board on Feb 15 when the cruise ship arrived at Nassau. The service and foods on cruise were great. The staff were very kind and very helpful. Overall our family and friends had a wonderful cruise experience. A couple of things I would like to mention are:

(1) I had a bad experience when I tried to call "emergency line" when we were trapped in NY-LGA airport. As my flight to Charleston delayed, I had to communicate with Carnival Cruise to update our emergency status. However it had put me on-hold to listen music for near 90 mins! At the same time, I sent email but was undeliverable when I replied to Cruisealert email account. It was so frustrated when we were in a really emergent situation!

(2) we missed first two nights from our 5-night trip due to aircraft damage causing more than 6-hr delay. I would like to know whether we could request partial refunds from those day/nights we missed as aircraft damage was way beyond our control.

thanks!

overall very good. Just a little crowded for a family of five.