Value, Fun, Sun, Explore!

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

4 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 25, 2016
Ship: Carnival Ecstasy
Cabin Number: E121

My wife and I had a good time on the Carnival Ecstasy...plenty of music, lots of young folks (20's-30's), but also families, etc. The ship crew did a fantastic job keeping things going, cleaning, cooking, activities and the like. The Cruise Director Adam was good at his job.

We had a beautiful sunset leaving Miami on a short promenade deck on deck 10! that, followed by a delicious Lobster Tail dinner (+$20: worth it) that was memorable and repeated later in the cruise.

I always recommend "Your Time Dining", I can't stand being stuck with eight strangers for an entire week at a pre-set table or even four days with the set-time dining. We never waited more than 10-15 mins. max. there were some very nice people on the cruise, some which we met in the dining room ("share").

I jet-skied for the first time in Key West (a blast).  I snorkeled at "Aquarium" beach (short boat stint) at Cozumel. If you are reading this, I always also recommend renting a scooter ($35/day + gasoline) in Cozumel: the road is straight, flat and fantastic! (Up to two people per scooter.)

Punchliners with standup comedy was LOL funny!  Even the 18+ late night stuff was hilarious...not bad language, but naughty imagery! Really, much better than the other cruise lines.

Plenty of bars, lounges, entertainment was top notch. We missed the musical/dance shows but saw the "Love & Romance" game - you're familiar with it on other Cruise Lines - and it was LOL funny!

We had to say goodbye after four days, but a great value. Do it! And, especially if you are a first-timer and wary,...a four night cruise is the best way to test the waters! :-)

Only two negatives: Loud piped music at dining room. No Song List booklets at Karaoke.

Good. Bed was very comfortable. Our cabin steward was very friendly.
Cleanliness passed my wife's inspection: a feat by itself!

Nice wide corridors. Elevators took a while to get used to. Some of the elevator shafts do not go to top or bottom. Go with the flow. We enjoyed breakfast at Wind Star dining room.

Yellow flag at beach means Watch for Heavy Rip Tides, very dangerous.
Try renting a scooter. Also most of the beaches offer a snorkel experience (by boat....approx. 45 mins.) Bring granola bar to feed the fish!