Not what it used to be...

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

3 Night Bahamas (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 01, 2016
Ship: Carnival Ecstasy
Cabin Type: Suite
Cabin Number: V6

I was disappointed in the "quality" of the cruise from past cruises... The boat itself and facilities were clean and ok (given the age of the boat), but the service and quality of the food has definitely gone down since my last Carnival cruise (which has been a few years).  The dining room experience was aweful.  Not one of the meals was considered "good".  At least not as good as I had remembered from prior cruises.  Don't appreciate the upcharge for steak and lobster.  Kind of like the airlines strategy at this point, you pay for the cruise, then extra if you want to eat, extra for the drink packages, ......  The buffet food was better than the dining food.  Best part was the pizza and ice cream.  I purchsed the drink package, very limited service around the boat to support, you had to go to the bar yourself.  The bar staff was not incentivized to be overly nice, staff was very snippy...  I did have a couple of waiters that were nice.

Should have been aware the gym was right above our cabin and there was LOUD noices above at 8 am each morning. Loud crashing like weights being dropped. Won't do that again.