Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

A Simply Sweet Break from Reality

Sail Date: December 14, 2015

I had an overall enjoyable time on this cruise despite minor annoyances from my cruise companions. I believe this type of cruise ship is perfect for those wanting an inexpensive and brief vacation. I would not recommend it for longer itineraries since it does not have as many perks as other ships. As a person who THOROUGHLY prepares for everything, I reads reviews about this cruise and for the most part I don't understand some of the complaints. I honestly may account them to noncompliance or failure to prepare. The ladies I cruised with ran into some issues because they were unaware (their own fault). I've never eaten so much food in a week and I don't see how considering there weren't that many options. The question wasn't whether or not if we were hungry but if we could eat and we did! We were either eating, getting ready to eat, or just finishing eating. My favorite menu items were the scallops and risotto, crabcakes, custom made omelettes, MDR ice cream, meatloaf, baked alaska, huevos rancheros, and lido deck chicken tenders. MDR breakfast service is slow and not worth the wait unless it's Seaday brunch. Go to Lido deck. We often passed out on Serenity deck due to the comfortable nature of the lounge chairs. The comedy shows were our primary method of entertainment. I knew one of the comedians from a previous cruise and he was funnier then. One of the best things to consider is booking your next cruise on board. You will get OBC. I came with a list of options I wanted to try and caught an unexpected sale. Having a positive disposition and grateful mindset can make a world of difference during your travels. I can't think of anything else significant but if you have questions just ask me. Big Smile

So freaking simple and quick. I had FTFF and would not purchase it for Miami again. Just arrive around 11AM and you're good. We also took our time for disembarkation and ate breakfast. Watch the video the night before and simply follow instructions.
Our room was dusty and I brought Lysol wipes to clean it; however, I didn't because I really didn't care. I had better things to do.
We did not do any excursions. I can only comment on the shopping and sight seeing aspect. I would like to see Key West for a longer time frame and at night. I get the feeling it would be festive. Cozumel
We only participated in the comedy shows, serenity deck, and one trivia game. Enjoyed those activities.
We are still trying to figure out the DJ's goal. It seem like he wasn't going off the vibe of the crowd. As more people left the dance floor, he continued to chose arrangements that encouraged it. It seemed like he ended the party early one night.
Every staff and service member we encountered were pleasant and sociable. Kudos to Miguel who is a drink server in the MDR and nightclub. Also to Taku who helped me book my next cruise.
We ate all day. I just wish there were more selections I liked from previous Carnival cruises.
Miami, Florida
If you drive then leave the day before so you won't get caught in traffic. We had time to eat at Ihop once we arrived. Alcohol can not be purchased before 7AM in case you forgot to bring a bottle for the cruise.
Key West, Florida
Wear sneakers for walking.
If you truly have no intention of buying anything, then it is okay to turn down offers to visit a store. Otherwise, you may end up spending money you didn't want to or feeling pressured/guilty. Also this is a good port to buy alcohol to take home.

PREPARE and understand what to expect. This is a fantasy class ship and pretty much everything you need to know is online. Just read it.