Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Old Ship, Old Room, Dirty Windows, Food Options Limited

Sail Date: November 27, 2015

Our first shock upon getting onboard was how small the buffet was.  The pizza option was hardly ever not lined up.  We ended up with salads most of the times we were there because the salad bar was the least lined up area.  All the pools were loud, even the adults only Serenity pool, which was packed to the gills with drunk twenty somethings and strangely, was not able to serve the same bar options as the pool (it didn't have its own bar either, which was SO STRANGE in a 21 and over only area).  The only place on the ship we were able to get everything we asked for was the dining room.  When we got into our room, we were again shocked to discover that the living area had only one electrical outlet, and the only other outlet was in the bathroom.  My husband sleeps with a CPAP so I was prepared with extension cords so I could charge my devices.  We bought the onboard social network package for $10 each - it worked most of the time, but they don't tell you that you have to go and reset it every time you leave the ship.  Spa was overpriced, which is normal, but the shower in the room we had our couple's massage in didn't work, and the steam and sauna rooms were separated by gender.  Lastly, the thing that really pissed me off, pictures.  There is no unlimited picture package.  It is clear from the way the poor photographers are huckstering that they are paid based on who buys their pictures.  Individual pictures prices were damn outrageous in the digital age.  I would have been happy to spend $250 for unlimited pics on my 3 day cruise - instead I spent $100 on 5 individual pictures.  No other cruiseline I've been on was limited this way.  Carnival needs both a new photo contractor, and a new spa contractor, and they need to do something about their outlet issue.

One outlet in main area. Light switch by the door only worked occasionally. Rear window was incredibly dirty on the outside - the inside wasn't remarkably clean either. Shower curtain hooks were missing. light covers over desk were shattered, barely holding together. Ripped my leg open on metal corner of the bed - then had husband pull my mattress away from the wall so that I wouldn't keep doing that. One hard backed chair, one stool. Drawers in desk were hard to close - had clearly been repaired numerous times.