Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Wife injured on excursion at Cozumel Mexico..

Sail Date: June 22, 2015

The cruise itself was OK, and the reason we went was to take my grandson because he lost his mother suddenly this year and she had wanted to bring him to Florida for a vacation. Lets start with the cost: way to much money for the experience Your cruise will double due to taxes and port charges. Also when you leave you will have more charges due to room cleaning and tips.This does not count anything you may purchase on the boat.

The crew was very nice and courteous. They went out of their way to help where they could, like providing a wheel chair when my wife could no longer walk and making a phone call for her (Thank you customer service).

I would not recommend the excursions, you sign your life away so when something happens no one is responsible but you. We had to pay the hospital and doctor before we could leave and one of them would only take cash. Now I would like to say the hospital, doctor and most everyone who we came in contact with in Cozumel were wonderful.

The problem with the excursion was you are rushed, the tour guide left us way behind when my wife's bikes chain was broke and she had to get another one, also the bike I had was a piece of you know what. We finally caught up and the 2nd guide finally caught up to us to followed us. Now for the snorkeling experience, again rushed, by the time my wife and grandson changed into suits while the rest of the group was almost ready to get in the water. I have no doubt the guide gave instructions somewhere along the line but not for their ears (grandson and wife) because they were not there yet. The rest of this tale will be from the horses mouth, sorry dear, my wife.

I was the last into the water and after snorkeling for a few minutes I looked up and seen everyone including both guides were way ahead of me. I looked to my right and saw the shore not far away so I thought it was best for me to get out of the water and walk down to the beach. I did not know how bad the waves were pounding against the rocks but was able to get halfway up when my guide starting yelling and swim back to me. He said didn't I tell you to stay away from the rocks, so I said no. He said I would have to get back into the water and took my hand and gave me a tug. I fell back into the water hitting my shin on the rocks and cutting a large v shape with rock embedded into my leg. Now I know he did not purposely hurt me, I told him I was hurt bad and bleeding badly but we still had to swim to the beach, I was so afraid at this point I was shark bait. We continued to swim with him helping me all the way.Once out of the water you could see the blood flowing from my leg. Now I had to walk all the way back where we first got into the water, but once there a manager from the resort was there and stayed with us till we left the hospital. I received medical care by Ramon at the scene. The owner also came to meet us to check on my well being and another manager took us to get prescriptions and to make sure we got safely back to the boat. Was there mistakes made that day, yes, I should not have went and they should keep a closer eye on their customers. My leg did get infected and today July first is the first day I have been able to walk. I will have many more doctors before I am in the clear, Please think twice before participating in some excursions.

That reminds me I bought the extra insurance , will that cover all my expenses?

My 15 year old grandson had all the fun which was good.

Miami, Florida
Key West, Florida
We were only there during the daytime when all the entertainment on the boardwalk is at sunset. Go on a cruise that stays in port longer.