Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Review of Carnival Ecstasy Western Caribbean cruise

Sail Date: May 18, 2015

I've been on a dozen cruises on at least 5 different lines and have come to expect certain standards; not lofty expectations, just comfortable ones.  The room was fine.  It was the first time I've had 3 to a cabin and was a bit anxious about it.  No problem at all.  The room attendant was efficient and friendly.  Starting with the dining experience:  We were seated at the early seating and was put at a table for 4.  Both of the other two ladies were first time cruisers in the Caribbean and were very excited about it.  The 17 year old was given the cruise for her graduation from high school gift.  It would have been so much more fun for them to be at a table with more people so they could (a) meet new people, (b) talk about their daily experiences and (c) receive recommendations for things to do.  I realize I could have asked to be moved to a different table but, frankly, we were not impressed with the food or the wait staff the first night.  I understand you cannot please everyone's taste, but the choices were bland and to get something appealing, there was a $20 charge.  I think this is outrageous.  We didn't return again for the dinner hour until the last night.  I was hoping there would be something special that night but was disappointed.  I think I probably still would have been okay with the cruise if the entertainment had been of high quality.  The two "extravaganzas" were alright (although not high quality) but there was NOTHING else to do (or see) for the rest of the cruise.  I was bored most of the time (to say I read two complete books in 5 days just about sums it up).  I want more from a cruise.  I can stay home and read books.

Please read review

Just give us a little "glam" on the cruise. Better entertainment, nicer food choices go a long way. And, oh by the way, what happened to the nightly pillow chocolates???