You get what you pay for! (Or less!)

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

4 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 13, 2015
Ship: Carnival Ecstasy
Cabin Number: E112

I went into this vacation thinking great things from all the past experiences people I knew had on cruises. I was wrong! I read all the reviews on this ship, and didn't believe what a lot of people said. I was wrong! Our sheets appeared dirty, and were replaced with dingy sheets! Almost all of the staff that we came into contact with appeared annoyed and rude, there were very few that were actually nice.  The food was ok, the dining room food was good, but the buffet was bland and the food was not even warm... The drinks were amazing, we got the alcohol package and I think it was worth the initial cost. Everyone at guest services were nice to us and helped in every way possible. I didn't complain to them out of fear that nothing would be done, or worse our steward would get into trouble and treat us differently for the duration of the cruise. We have crossed cruising off our list and it would take a lot for us to cruise again!

The food was bland, and room temperature. Lido deck food was gross, the dining room food was ok. Breakfast was horrible! We ended up eating pre-packaged food!

The entertainment we did see was good! The comedy club was fun, and we participated in BINGO which we both enjoyed. Other than that it was hard to see the entertainment because it felt like bars were never opened around the clock.

N/A

Almost everyone was rude, with the exception of the guest services staff and one waiter.

The cabin itself was great! Enough room for two people, and the bathroom was nice. The sheets on the bed never appeared clean (even after we asked for them to be changed)

The ship was very clean, every time we went anywhere there was a service worker sweeping or wiping things down! You get what you pay for though for food and service.. I would have spent the extra $150 on a better cruise..