Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Overall Great Experience / Excellent Staff

Sail Date: April 06, 2015

Traveled As: Family w/young children

I can't say enough about the level of service of the Carnival staff on this ship (especially our room steward, Sandi).  Upon departing Key West my 5-year old had a bout of seasickness that caused him to lose his lunch (literally) all over one of the ship's lounges.  The staff reacted promptly and made what could have been a really embarrassing situation less so.  Our room steward (Sandi) was one of the most friendly and engaging individuals I have had the pleasure of meeting.  He went above and beyond several times during the luding replacing the stateroom towels and cleaning the stateroom bathroom for a second time in one afternoon after my son had another episode.  He did this the whole time with a smile on his face and a sense of genuine concern for my family and their well-being, even to the point of making an impromptu visit later that evening to see how my little one was feeling.  All-in-all, our experience was great and both of my young children (ages 5 and 6) were sad to have to debark the ship when we arrived back in MIami.  My 6-year old even commented that this vacation ranked right up there with a trip we took roughly a year and a half ago to Atlantis (Bahamas) which up until this time had been his all time favorite (he talks about it almost weekly).  As a first time cruiser I wasn't sure what to expect but Carnival and its staff won me over and I anticipate that my family and I will be cruising again in the not to distant future.

Ship was older but was very clean. You almost couldn't go anywhere on the ship without seeing some one cleaning something (pool decks, light fixtures, etc..)
Dining room experience was great. Staff was friendly and engaging (even posing for pictures with us) and we made some really good friends at our table.
Can't say enough about the staff. Our room steward (Sandi) was one of the most friendly and genuinely caring people I have ever met and went above and beyond as he dealt with the aftermath of an episode of seasickness from my 5 year old son.
Didn't attend any of the nightime time music or comedy entertainment so I can't provide an opinion on the quality. The Hasbro Game Show and Towel Folding Demo were entertaining for the kids.
My 6-year old had a great time at the KId's Club and did not want to leave. The only negative comment that I have (which Carnival probably can't do anything about for liability reasons) is that my two children had to be in separate groups in the kids club due to their ages (5&6). The youngest one (age 5) would have much preferred to have been in with big brother then with the 2-5 year olds.
KIds really enjoyed the waterpark and slides. Pool was good but on the small side (got really crowded at times). Mini-golf was OK when the ship was in port but was impossible to play due to the location of the course (top/open air deck) and the wind when the ship was in motion.
Key West was fun although it would have been nice to have a little more time in port. Highly recommend the Old Town Trolley Tour Excursion in Key West. We really did not venture much off of the pier in Cozumel so I can't comment on the quality of the excursions there.
Miami, Florida