Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Third Mate

4 days of Sewage

Sail Date: March 09, 2015

I made a complaint to guest services regarding the smell of sewage in the hall on my floor and in the bathroom of my 5th floor room. I explained that it's smelled since I arrived in the hall and in my room and that when I flush the toilet it fills up with Brown smelly water instead of fresh water. Guest services said in a dismissive tone that they have no knowledge of it and that no one else complained but they would send someone to check the room soon. Well I Sat in the room for a few hours and no one ever came. Bottom line is I made a complaint and I was ignored. I slept with the bathroom door closed to hide the smell and sometimes opted to use the public restroom instead of my own bathroom in my room.

I'm not a big complainer and its hard to get me not to enjoy myself so I didn't make 30 trips to guest services to complain more than once. I feel that a complaint such as mine dealing with human fecal waste is so serious it shouldn't require more than one complaint. In close quarters such as a cruise ship it's a very serious issue with a risk of people getting sick and it's a shame I was ignored.

The only great thing about my trip was my maid service rep Sandy. He kept my room beautiful. Other than that Carnival and let me down big time with this vacation.
older ship made for a decent look
food was bad. hot dogs and burgers for lunch buffet every day is not much of an experience.
Guest services completely my complaint regarding sewage smell and fecal waste backing up in my bathroom
entertainment was decent
some nice activities on the ship
jet ski ride was awesome.
Cabin was nice in appearance. However, the sewage smell coming from the bathroom was hard to deal with.
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
jet ski all of your time away here.
drink Kalik beer. it's the native beer and its delicious.

The ship had a sewage problem. Guest services was terrible and offered no apology... They didn't even look into the problem. I smelled human waste four the entire trip. Maid service was great and room was kept spotless as a result.

1 Comment