Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean

Not that great... would not recommend

Sail Date: November 01, 2014

This is my second time going on a 4-day cruise. I went on the Royal Caribbean's Majesty of the Seas before.

This ship's decor needs updating. The wear and tear on the ship is obvious but facilities on the ship are always kept clean so I can ignore the fact that the ship is older.

Pros: Good food\, spacious cabins (oceanview room)\, adult-only lounge area

Cons: Staff weren't as friendly\, tacky decor\, small pool

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? No.

Surprisingly good! I thought it was better than Royal Caribbean's. I enjoyed my first dinner with pork chop and a duck appetizer. The melting chocolate cake is a must-try!

We frequented the buffet breakfast and we enjoyed the scrambled eggs. My husband loved the omelette\, much better though when prepared by Carlito!

I didn't like the lunch buffet options so I always went to the Pizza or Deli areas. Pizzas were good--thin crust. I liked the margherita especially. From the deli\, I would just ask for smoked salmon w/o the bagel and some arugula and tomatoes.
We had the oceanview room and it was bigger than I anticipated. I liked our room. Having a window helped to know what the weather outside was like. (Unfortunately parts of our trip were windy and cloudy.)
We experienced slow service a couple of times--during our first dinner\, at the comedy hour. The employees didn't seem friendly either\, unlike at Royal Caribbean.
We enjoyed the comedy show with Chris Wiles and Jorge Solano. They were a hoot but be forewarned it's for adults only comedy.