Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean

This cruise left me wanting

Sail Date: March 01, 2013

This was my 3rd cruise with Carnival. The ship\, though older\, was clean and easy to get around. Our wait staff and room stewards were excellent. I missed the entertainment that had been on other Carnival cruises. I realized later that there was some entertainment\, but the communication of it was poor and the timing of the entertainment required you to decide to eat or be entertained. My previous experience with Carnival was entertainment was offered twice per night so both dining times could see the show. I also think charging gratuities in the store for candy and such is over the top as I am already paying a gratuity for the ship each day.
I have gambled throughout the US and found the tables on the Carnival Ecstasy (Mar 16 21) were tight and the staff less than friendly. I also found the minimum bid requirements too high for my liking. Remember guys\, if people want to bet more...they will. This is probably why a lot of the tables were dead or low attendance. The slots machines were tight as well and the minimum for the lines was set so you HAD to play at least 2 coins per line. I did like the no-smoking areas for the slots\, but it could use a bit more enforcement of the policy.
I really enjoyed our stop in Key West. We got in at noon and stayed until 8. That was the right amount of time to take in an excursion and still have time to appreciate the area and the shopping.
I hope you decide to return to a guest appreciation agenda. When I get ready to book my next cruise\, I will be looking for proof that you want to provide me with a relaxing and entertaining cruise.

Pros: Our wait staff and room stewards were excellent

Cons: Communication of activities on-board was poor

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? No.

The public areas were kept clean and were enjoyable. I really liked the Serenity area
The dining room food selection was okay. However\, the Lido deck was without much thought or flavor.
Room was clean and the room steward was excellent
Thought everyone was friendly and usually wore a smile.
Other than drinking and gambling\, the entertainment was wanting.