3 nights Ecstasy Feb 27-March 2

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

3 Night Bahamas (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 27, 2015
Ship: Carnival Ecstasy
Cabin Number: R181

First cruise for my wife.

1- gave us a price that included an "upgrade" to a cabin, ocean view, that I was told it was in the mere CENTER OF THE BOAT, where motion is felt the least. It was a lie. My cabin Riviera 181 was in the back of the boat, and I paid more for it. I wanted balconies but they were sold out

2-cabin attendants and waiters are a pleasure to deal with

3-Food is very good. What is not good is to see the "animal world" like spectacle  on board...people eating like they never saw food. No wonder 70% of the cruisers were plain obese.

4-My cabin was always clean. Kudos for that.

5-Last night of the cruise, at the guest relations center, long lines to inquire about their bills. Me included. Just to ask a question about tipping, 45 minutes. The reason? there were 4 "officers" 2 in white, 2 in blue behind the counter. After 20 minutes I approached to ask why with 4 people, there were only taken care of 2 customers at a time. One of the women in white, blond, probably Russian, rudely answered me: we are training 2 people. Well my dear Carnival Cruise Line, we may be OK with waiting at a Dr's office, but BEING ON VACATION WE DO NOT CARE FOR CARNIVAL "TRAINING THE PERSONAL" IN OUR TIME, unless Carnival reimburse us for OUR TIME.

6- The sound system is bad particularly outdoors. It is difficult enough to listen to a very British accent officer. Half the time we did not understand the announcements.

7- I am very surprised at the laxity of Carnival officers vis a vi young people who are plainly on "too much alcohol". Some of them behaved rudely on board, especially along the cabin hallways, at night, shouting and cursing at 3 am!! yes, at 3 am on Sunday outside my cabin...I also witnessed these group of five 20 something boarding back in Nassau at 6:30pm. They were clearly alcohol saturated, yet the on board officers said absolutely nothing. I cannot condone these behavior, the youngsters and Carnival. If anything happened, Carnival would have been responsible.

8- We are planning a cruise to Alaska this summer. We will look into more "sophisticated cruise lines and boats...

Not the officers. Most of the "white uniforms" had the air of admiralty...

very clean. Thank you to the staff