Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A quick, fun cruise

Sail Date: August 01, 2013

Room Type: Suite

Overall\, a great first cruise with my daughter (age 12). She was thrilled with the 'freedom' that comes with all the activities and friends she made on the cruise....which left me to fend for myself some nights (lol). The stateroom was very comfortable and clean. The bed was impressive for a cruise ship (I have a bad back and a poor bed will make for some rough nights). I would recommend this cruise for a first time cruiser to get a taste of what life is like on a ship.

Pros: In port most days\, very nice stateroom (U83)\, friendly staff\, fun casino\, decent food.

Cons: Limited activities for a cruise ship\, older and smaller ship.

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? Yes!

My only disappointment with the cruise. The club my daughter was in was run by two people who really were not too impressive with their energy and desire to motivate (from what I saw) and my daughter agreed. She made friends through the club and then did activities on their own. The scheduled activities were not hyped as they should be for kids that age. I did walk by one evening to check on my daughter only to see the female director sitting on the window seat texting while the kids where watching TV. Heck\, I can do that at home...lol!
Limited activities. I have been on other ships where the activity level was amazing. That is not saying there wasn't a lot going on\, just not the amount I have experienced on other cruises with Carnival.
Everyone was great. From the casino staff to the servers and bartenders\, everyone had a smile and willing to help make the cruise a fun time.
Clean and large enough to feel comfortable and not crammed in. Enjoyed the balcony as the ship entered and left the ports. Was nice to sit outside and read / relax while my daughter slept a little later.
Food was plentiful and average. Nothing really WOW'ed me\, but nothing was terrible either. The main dining room was better than the buffet (no surprise there). They did change up the cuisine each day so you didn't get too used to what they had. Coming from NJ and great pizza\, be prepared for a frozen type that was not too bad\, but definitely NOT real pizza!
It is a slightly older ship with some tacky styling\, but still a nice ship to be on. You will be taking the staircases as the elevators do run rather slowly and it was just easier to walk up and down to get the level you wanted.