Perfect Honeymoon

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

3 Night Bahamas (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 02, 2015
Ship: Carnival Ecstasy
Cabin Type: Suite
Cabin Number: U74

I have sailed with Carnival many times before this cruise, and my wife had sailed with them once before, so we knew it would be fun, but this cruise was better than we expected. I only have a couple of complaints, but they are not major enough for me to detract a star from my rating, since I have never had problems with Carnival before. First, since it was our honeymoon cruise (Carnival had this documented and acknowledged it when we boarded and when we dined), I am disappointed that we did not receive a bottle of champagne, nor even a congratulatory letter or small gift of any kind. The other complaint is that the staterooms had a raw sewage smell about them (coming from the bathroom) for the entire duration of the cruise and seemed to have gotten worse by the last night. However, since we didn't spend a lot of time in our stateroom, we did not let it bother us too much.

If and when you cruise with Carnival, you have to get the Cheers program! There's no way to cruise except with a drink in hand at all times!

Most of our entertainment was on deck in the sun with a drink in our hand, but the comedians and musicians are always fantastic.

The dining room servers are always exceptionally friendly and upbeat!

The bathtub was very underwhelming and did not get used, and the raw sewage smell coming from the bathrooms was distracting.

Don't skip out on the dining room - every night is a unique experience! And if you plan to drink, invest in the Cheers program.

Beautiful city with excellent dining, but difficult to communicate and interact with locals.
A lot of fun and the locals are friendly.