Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: December 15, 2014

Room Type: Suite

We took our daughters on this cruise for their Christmas gift this year. We even chose the "better" cabins, the junior suites with no obstructed view. Bad decision.

First, the good: Crew was friendly and helpful

Now, the bad: The ship is old, filthy, and not maintained. We're not just talking ugly carpet here. My husband has photos of several areas of the ship that are rotted through the iron. Also, the floor in our bathroom was totally rotten under the floor covering, you could feel it "give" when you walked on it. Our bathroom sink didn't drain from the time we came on board. We told the cabin steward the first night. And the second night. Then we even went to guest services to let them know. They assured me they would send someone to fix it. When we disembarked, it still overflowed if you let it run while you washed your hands or brushed your teeth. Also, the vent insert in the bathroom fell out. When I let them know, their only response was to ask if I needed medical attention. There is only 1 pool to serve the entire ship. The food is on par with "cafeteria" food. Also, they were constantly trying to sell you something. Jewelry, shoes, tanzanite, t-shirts, you name it. My husband nailed it when he said it was like being held hostage on a floating info-mercial. We have previously cruised with another cruise line and it was NOTHING like this. We should have a paid the small price difference and went with someone else.