Terrible experience aboard Carnival Ecstacy

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Contributor Level: Third Mate

3 Night Bahamas (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 21, 2014
Ship: Carnival Ecstasy
Cabin Number: M45

I was very disappointed when I got on the boat and found out how far away mine and my daughters cabin were located from each other. I made the cruise reservations the same time so why would the cabins not be next to one another. My daughter has small children ages 1 and 6 and we had to walk from the front end of the boat of one side to the back end on the other side of the boat for the duration of the cruise. Both of our cabins had a King size bed in them for 3 people to sleep. We did go to the guest services when we got on the boat to inquire about switching to another cabin in which would be closer together but we were told that there were no cabins available. The bathroom floor in my cabin was flooded with water and smelled like sewer the entire time we were on the cruise. I called the guest services and a plummer was sent to the cabin. He plunged the drain but the water flooded again the next day and I called the guest services again. The plummer came back and did the same thing but the water continued to flood. I just dried up the water with the towels in the bathroom and gave them to the housekeeper.

Flooding in the cabin bathroom

The cabin was ok. The housekeeper kept the room clean. Just flooding in the bathroom even before any water was used in the shower or sink of the cabin restroom.

Each individual experience will be different and each person would have to share their comments about their experience on Carnival cruiseline.