Good cruise for a cheap vacation

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

4 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 05, 2014
Ship: Carnival Ecstasy

The Carnival Ecstasy is a nice ship but there was only 1 small pool and it was crowded 24/7. The food for lunch was pretty bad but the dinners were pretty good. I do wish there was more to do on the ship such as a rock wall, bowling alley, more pools, etc. For a inexpensive vacation, this was a good option. However, I will probably not choose Carnival again. I feel the other cruise lines such as Princess and Carnival can offer more, are nicer, and would be worth the money.

The lunch options were never good. Dinner was pretty good.

I wish the onboard activities were better.

I do wish there were more activities and events on the ship, but what we did/saw was somewhat entertaining.

I didn't do any of these.

The staff was very friendly.

The ship was nice and always clean.

The room was always clean and the bed was fairly comfortable.

The Serenity area for adults-only was the best place to go for a quite, relaxing time. The main pool area was always very crowded and loud.

Did a very cool but long excursion. Wish we had more time to explore Cozumel
Due to long immigration lines on the ship, we didn't have as much time in Key West as we would have hoped. But we toured the island, had lunch, and went to a small beach. It was nice.