Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Not highly recommended

Sail Date: April 28, 2014

I am a 24 year old girl, and was with my boyfriend and another couple.

The cruise itself was fun, it was what I expected, having been on one cruise before (the Carnival Destiny). Although the ship was a little small, there were things to do (not enough, in my opinion) and everyone was very nice. The ship was clean and I felt very comfortable.

However, it was very difficult to try and get in the pool because there was only 1 and it was SO CROWDED. There is a secluded area on the deck for 21 plus, though, which was nice-not too crowded.

Key West was a blast, the only bad part was that we were only there for about 3 hours. Cozumel, on the other hand, was very dirty and there was not much beyond the port. Once you got through that, there were touristy beach areas, and the only other option (we wanted a more private, relaxing beach), was to go to the other side of the island (long taxi ride, expensive, really no bars/restaurants nearby) and we were docked there for much longer. I will not go back!!

The food was pretty bad. I am a vegetarian and I expected there to be more options available, considering cruises are known for their awesome food! There was the token vegetarian option at dinner, of course, but nothing exciting. Also, the buffet had a salad bar but all of the vegetables were dried out. Even if I was not a vegetarian (as none of my friends were), the food was not great. The buffet seemed like I was back in college, and the dinner options were ok.

Overall my experience was good, I was with my boyfriend and another couple. However, I will not be taking another Carnival cruise. I would not highly recommend this cruise if you are looking for quality food, a big ship, and more class (I get the impression Carnival cruises are more fun  for college-Nervousaged people).

Key West was amazing, Cozumel was awful