Not what I anticipated.

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sail Date: May 01, 2013
Ship: Carnival Ecstasy
The ship was made in 1991 and you could definitely tell. It was unkept and dirty. I kept my shoes on 24/7 just because I did not feel the floor was clean enough. Everywhere you looked there was patches and quick fixes. At some points there was people actually working on the ship while we were in port; thats reassuring! Unlike my past cruises with another cruise line, carnival did not put our luggage inside our staterooms instead they left them outside the doors, which resulted in our case of water that we purchased before the cruise to be "misplaced" in other words stolen! And when we asked guest services about it, they couldn't care less!
The buffet food was bland and plain and was the same selection everyday for lunch and dinner. Basic substances for breakfast and just burgers and hotdogs for lunch for 5 days is NOT what I paid for. My past experiences on cruises the food has been the best part; amazing selections and rich flavorful foods. Carnival however lacked greatly in that whole food department. The only time the food was ALMOST decent was at the dining room for dinner. But even then the portions were small and uncreative.
There was an extremely low amount of activities to do on board if you weren't single and drunk or in the teens club. We mostly sat around or slept during the day waiting for the ship to come to port so we could finally leave and go make our own fun off the ship.
The "service gratuity" that was automatically charged to my credit card was 58 dollars per person...unbelievable. I think if it was truly a gratuity charge i should've been able to choose the amount myself, if at all.
I can confidently say that my overall experience in the carnival ecstasy was not a good one at all, and I will NOT be recommending it to anyone I know. This was my first and last cruise with carnival cruise lines.

Low options an poor overall quality.

Not very many options unless you were a certain age of type of persons.

Only good thing about my experience.

Small ship. Glue and quick fix patches visible throughout the ship.

Small quarters. Visiable mildew in showers and on the stateroom windows.

Pros: Getting off the boat on the ports to have fun.

Cons: Overall everything. Food, quality, service.

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? No.