Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Purser

Not a fan of Carnival line, BUT DELICIOUS FOOD

Sail Date: November 14, 2013

Cabin: GUAR

My boyfriend cruised on this vacation as his first real cruise/vacation. My boyfriend and I are both 23. Although there were things to do onboard, most of the main activities involved spending additional money, and not just small amounts. Those activities got all of the hype and attention from the cruise ship staff, and were talked about more frequently than those that aren't. Although the food was delicious, THERE WAS NO COLD SODA ON THE ENTIRE SHIP. All the soda was IN CANS, NONE FROM THE FOUNTAIN/BAR TAP. I was very offended that there was none, as the boat rocked ridiculously due to weather, and I was very sick. Apparently people don't think that it is not an issue to keep cold soda, and to each his own, but when I asked and seemed disenchanted, it seemed like I was the only one who had raised this issue. (Even though the population of children on the boat was abundant) There were a lot of "low-class" people as well on the boat, actually hoards of them in gigantic groups that somehow felt that since they were on the boat it was ok to be rude, cut in line, give looks, and overall the experience in my opinion being a cruiser on Carnival and Royal Caribbean it really does not compare to spending about 10-20$/night extra to experience a crowd that is a little more mature and respectful. I understand that Carnival wants all walks of life to be able to have an unforgettable vacation, however, this trumps over the people that actually have money and want to pay to have an great and fun time, without the drama of people that are not used to having a classy time. HOWEVER, NASSAU'S SENOR FROGS MADE OUT CRUISE WORTHWHILE IN MY OPINION. My boyfriend, being this his first cruise enjoyed the cruise vacation theme, however I believe he will find it is a much different experience than without cruising on Carnival. The room service, dining room, and cleaning personnel had better attitudes and were nicer than the bartenders and workers onboard the boat dealing with alcohol and shops. It is great if you just want to get away and lay out on the deck for the entire vacation, but I would recommend Royal Caribbean or another cruise line if you do not want to be around families, loud children, annoying/lower class people that do not know how to conduct themselves in a social environment that is respectful to themselves and others around them....

ROOM WAS GREAT
GREAT
room service- GREAT, bartender-BAD
SHOW WAS SHORT, BUT HAD A GREAT ROUTINE, REQUIRED EXTENSIVE EXTRA NEED FOR MONEY
Children's Programs n/a
NASSAU WAS GREAT, FREEPORT IS TOO INDUSTRIAL
Port Canaveral, Florida
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
TOO INDUSTRIAL, NEED TO TAKE TAXI TO GET ANYWHERE OR TO BEACHES AND TO STRAW MARKETS