Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

You get what you pay for.....

Sail Date: October 07, 2013

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Cabin: GUAR

Carnival is a get what you pay for Cruise Line.  For 1st time cruising to see if you like the ship life it is really a great way to get the experience and not pay to much.  I have cruised many times on several different cruise lines, Carinival by far gives you plenty bang for your buck.  They fill the ship and that is the goal, the cruise price itself was great but then once on board you are taken advantage of by every little thing.  I would not recommend the Cheers package to anyone, you have to wait many long minutes (as much as 30) to get bar service while standing in line.  They do not have experienced fast bartenders and they get in no big hurry at all.  I do not think you could have gotten 14 or 15 drinks in a 24 hour period because of the ability to help everyone standing in line.

the food was nothing to talk about
The impression that I noticed is that the staff was more about being friendly to one another than the guests.
Nothing spectacular
I heard that the kids has a great time.
They have many activities but you will pay dearly for them. Bingo that lasted 11 minutes for USD20
On the private island I could not believe that you charged for playing with the water toys anchored off shore and for kids to go down the slide. It was in very poor taste considering you were captive on this island or the ship.

The food on the Lido deck every morning was ok but it was the same every morning.
The elevators were pretty fast.

1 Comment