HORRIBLE customer service on the ship!!!!

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Contributor Level: Third Mate

invalid-31791
Sail Date: August 31, 2013
Ship: Carnival Ecstasy
Cabin Number: R63
With the advent of Carnival having to try to build their reputation again with its' ships due to some of the misfortunes and mishaps at sea lately, my wife and I had a HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE customer service experience with Carnival's Ecstasy ship and will NEVER cruise with Carnival again.
We joined the VIFP Club and the both of us combined went on over 5 Carnival cruises in the past without a bad experience, yet this trip left us with bad taste in our mouth about how Carnival treats their customers.
Upon arrival onto the ship we were given 2 vouchers for a free drink or coffee beverage on our trip to the Bahamas and when we went to use them they refused to let us use them anywhere on the ship. We went to customer service and spoke to Marija--from Montenegro who was EXTREMELY rude and belittling telling us we can only use it on "the bigger ships." I asked what does she mean "bigger ships?" She said NOT the ecstasy. On the voucher it says we can use it on the Ecstasy, yet it does not say anywhere that you cannot use it as it even has the Carnival Ecstasy printed ON THE VOUCHER. I asked to speak to the Manager and spoke to Mirko--from The Netherlands. He told us we cannot use it and I said it is worth it to lose a customer over a $1.00 dollar cup of coffee in order to prove he is right and has power over this situation. He said no, you cannot use the voucher. There are plenty of other cruise lines that I will go on and Carnival definitely is NOT one of them. They are willing to lose two customers over $1.00 then maybe it's worth it to them.

Worse than cafeteria food/Horrible selection

Food is repetitive, tastes stale and not a good variety. The worst cruise I ever went on in my life, and worst food I have ever had on a cruise as my wife and I are foodies!!!

Best stop, best beach EVER!!!! Water is soooooo clear and warm!!!