Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Second Mate

One of the worst!

Sail Date: July 01, 2013

Traveled As: Family w/young children

We arrived for our cruise & was told our cabin would be ready after 1:30. At 1:45 we were told it was ready but the cabin door was open, the drawers open, & the bathroom light on. Later that evening I went to get some ice & the ice bucket was empty, meaning no ice was added & it was probably from the people before us.
We couldn't get the first seating for dinner & chose "My Time Dining" over late seating since we had a 6-yr-old with us. Every night we had to wait in line at least 20 min. to be seated & twice we were given a beeper & had to wait an additional 30 minutes. The only place close by to sit is the library & it was full each time. Standing around waiting with a herniated disc was not pleasant but you had to stand close by for the beeper to work.
On the 1st day we told our stewart we wanted the twin beds to be put together & he kept telling us it would be done. At bedtime my daughter ended up scooting them together, pulling down the bunk from the wall, and getting linen from the stewart to make the bed because he was busy!
Second night - same thing. Bed still wasn't put together & he didn't pull or make up the bunk bed. On the 3rd day of a 5-day cruise, he finally put the beds together & made up the bunk & we had chocolates on the bed & a towel animal!
The 1st night, we had a couple really nice waiters & was told we could request them each time we ate in the dining room, but because they were so busy, we weren't able to sit in their area, but they did come to say "hi" to us & talk to my grandson.
Due to the dining situation, we were only able to see one show because we couldn't get through the meal in time. I always enjoy cruise shows so was really disappointed we could only make it to one. On top of that, on two days, they played games instead of having a show, which is kind of stupid.
My daughter & I both had a wonderful experience with the spa. They had some really inexpensive packages for those who aren't sure about trying the spa out, along with the usual items.
We ate breakfast in the dining room every day, which we found really enjoyable. Lunch on the Promenade Deck was a disappointment for me, but my daughter & grandson didn't mind eating pizza every day. It was basically the same thing served every day! I'm not much on eating meat and found supper in the dining room mundane. I did try a few new things but pretty much ate rolls and sherbert ice cream.
Every night, In the hallways, there was an odor of raw sewage. It wasn't on one particular deck, it was sporadic & they didn't sell deodorizer in any of the shops to help mask it. My grandson walked through the hall with his mouth/nose covered up by his shirt.
I've been on 15+ cruises on 5 different cruise lines and I just really can't say many nice things about this one and I don't plan on cruising this ship again.

Cruise Photos

Mundane choices.
Good size & excellent air conditiioner.

Eating in the dining room is very relaxing.