Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Don't waste your money

Sail Date: June 08, 2013

Room Type: Suite

I took this cruise with my family and couldn't believe how bad the experience was. For starters, we had a Jr. stateroom and the blackout curtain was ripped all over, the sunshine greeted us early every morning thru those tears! There was old food left for us under the bed. I know this because I dropped a medicine bottle that rolled under the bed and when I bent over to grab it, I came out with various pieces of dried food...., gross! I must say that our cabin person William was an excellent host. He was always there to help with what ever questions we had and met all of our needs. The next complaint is the food. We always had excellent food on all of our cruises, except this one. The café next to the Lido deck was always filled with long lines, that's because they wouldn't open both sides of the serving areas..., why? We also tried the Star dinning room one evening. That was a joke. Our waiter apologized for the food that we ended up taking a few bites from. The salads were warm and the food was cold. We left and decided that the food in the cafeteria would be better only to find out that they were serving the very same thing. The food tasted like cheap cafeteria fare and the desserts had no sugar in them. We looked so forward to breaking our diets for 5 days and instead we got tasteless cheesecake that was rubbery and had zero sugar in it. My son, (this was his first cruise) who is a dessert lover gagged on most of the desserts except for the ice cream. He will never go on a cruise again.
a person can tell when you are cutting back on the quality
Tell the servers to stop pushing the drinks so hard it's annoying
we enjoyed all of the entertainment
The ship couldn't stop at half moon cay because of choppy water
Port Canaveral, Florida
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island) So disapponted that we didn't go. This island was the one place we were looking forward to going