Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Purser

Not so Great, Dissapointed

Sail Date: March 02, 2013

This is my third cruise, but the second on carnival. I was very dissappointed in the food and entertainment. The food variety left much to be desired, towards the end of the cruise it seemed to get worse. I loved Half Moon Cay but I wish I could have packed my own lunch. Burnt hamburgers, (I mean really burnt, like charcoal!!!) very little variety for side dishes and the potatoe salad was half raw and half mushy. I expect so much more on a cruise. The staff was wonderful, both cabin and table. That is the only plus for this ship. The ship really needs an updated look. You could tell this is an old ship. Sorry but I think I willl book next time with a different cruise line. I would rather pay a little more and receive a much better experience. Sorry Carnival, but I look at you like the "Goodwill of cruising" Prices are good but you barely get what you pay for. As long as you don't expect much you will probably have a good time. Oh, the biggest plus was the great new friends I met!!!!
Getting old, could smell sewage IN THE CABIN!!!
Food and Dining No variety, got worse towards the end!!!
Getting old, could smell sewage IN THE CABIN!!!
GREAT STAFF!!! THE ONLY PLUS
Entertainment sucked!!! I expected better
Children's Programs N/A

Don't expect to eat lunch at Half Moon Cay. Go back to the ship if you want any kind of a decent meal. The Serenity area is great for adults. Peace and Quiet. Did I mention our floor was full of "spring breakers". LOL!!!