Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

It truly was a Carnival

Sail Date: October 18, 2012

IMO - Carnival is basically a party ship where anything goes. I would think that the overall theme would be island-centric with Reggae and Caribbean music to set the mood and enhance an experience - not hip hop, rap crap music so loud you can't hear the person speaking next to you - and that was pretty much all the time. I am a 54 year old man who is pretty hip, likes to dance and have a great time but it seemed the cruise was geared mostly to the 20 something crowd. I'm thinking Royal Caribbean may be the right choice for me.

Pros: The abundance of activities - the shows in the Blue Sapphire were the best!

Cons: The food at dinner was 2nd rate.

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? No.

Not too big & not too small - just right!
Strange but he buffet food & sandwich shop was better than the dinner food - by far! My fav is the custom omelette breakfast. It's really hard to screw up breakfast!
Excellent accomodations. Very clean & quiet.
Top notch.