Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Purser

You get what you pay for!!

Sail Date: October 13, 2012

I believe I saw that the ship was built in 1991 though refurbished recently. Small percentage of the cabins have balconies. Overall ship was clean and well maintained to the extent possible for a 20+ year old ship. The Ecstasy (truely a misnomer at this point) is showing it's age and is a little run down!! Sorry Carnival!!

Pros: Staff was very engaged and couteous\, good television service

Cons: Ship layout and design was very dated...difficult to get from one location to another without go to other decks

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? No.

Giving the ship an average is being kind. It was the smallest ship in port whenever there was another ship in port. Layout is very dated as it was difficult at best to get from one location on a deck to another. You would often need to go up or down a deck and then return to the original deck to get where you were going to!! Condition of public areas and decor was OK and it was clean because the staff appeared to be constantly cleaning. I don't understand why Carnival has their staff cleaning the stairways during the days when they are most often in use...trip hazards everywhere!!
Specialty options where virtually non-existant as I believe there was only one buffet\, two scheduled dining rooms\, one non-scheduled dining room that always had a pretty good line\, and room service. Food was average at best. Serving staff were very attentive and personable.
We had one of the limited number of balconies but hate the fact that Carnival still allows smoking on the balconies. It was difficult for us to find quality time on the balcony smoke free!! Design of the door and the window in our room was so 1991!! Bathroom layout was good but with one major design flaw with the toilet paper location!! 21 year old design of the room without the ambiance of an older ship!!
One of the most attentive and friendly ship staffs I have sailed with. The staff of the Ecstasy is the only reason I would book again with Carnival\, and I'm not sure that was enough!!
Entertainment was virtually non-existant!! First ship I have ever been on where I did not go to any of the entertainment events!! Sad!!