Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

OK Experience

Sail Date: July 12, 2012

The ship was a little outdates which was fine. The pool was a huge issue. There was only one very small pool with adults and children trying to use it. You would have adults standing around the edge having conversation and enjoying a cocktail while a kid would just jump over you and do a cannonball. No fault against the child, there was no room anywhere else.

Pros: The Dolphin Excursion

Cons: The lack of food choices and the long lines we had to wait in. The tiny\, tiny pool was also an issue.

Recommends Carnival Ecstasy? No.

The ship was fine. Not over impressed.
I was extremely disappointed with the food. There weren't as many choices as I have experienced on other cruises. The sushi was mostly rice or cream cheese to save on having to use too much fish. Room service didn't answer 3 different times we called and when we did finally get through it took forever. There was no description on the room service menu as far as what was on everything so when I ordered a simple grilled cheese sandwich\, it came with mayonaise and a side of hair on my pickle. I wasn't going to call back and order again b/c it would have taken another hour.
The room was surprisingly spacious for 3 people and my daughter loved the bed coming out of the wall.
Our Steward was amazing. We had one experience where a crew member actually cursed at a child after he touched the chocolate fountain that had just been turned off.
I felt for the days we were at sail\, there was plenty of stuff to do but on the fun day at sea there wasn't much to do. We loved the karaoke but on the last night they made it 18 and over so we couldn't even go do that because we had our daughter and nephew with us.
My 12 year old went to the meet and greet and the staff didn't really help break the ice. All of the kids just sat on opposite sides of the room. My daughter didn't go back after the 1st night. My nephew who is 17 loved Club O2 though.